Building a log home is something lots of people dream about. Log home living is peaceful, filled with nature, and is an escape from the everyday hustle and bustle life undoubtedly throws your way. Now that you’re considering building a log home, where do you start? This post outlines the first steps you should take when building a log home.
- Do some research. Browse photo galleries and find designs that appeal to you. Log homes are not one size fits all; there are are several styles to choose from. It’s a good idea to know what you like and what you dislike going into the process, that way the company you decide to work with can find something that appeals to you. It’s your dream home, afterall!
- Choose a company that is committed to helping you along every step of the way. Choose Timber log homes customizes floor plans to fit your needs, with in-house design and manufacturing. There’s an option to start with one of our models or you can bring your own, with construction services available for your convenience. It’s all about making the process easy for you.
- Decide on a log home plan. There are several different plans available, including stock and customer creations depending on what you’re looking for. Choose Timber uses state-of-the-art design software and tools to help you design exactly what you want, no exceptions. There are both 3D and standard drawings available, depending on your taste. Log home plans are a key ingredient to building a log home, so it’s important you do all the research you need in order to make an informed decision.
- Purchase land for your log home. You can do this by working with realtors who specialize in land, or you can check out helpful websites such as zillow.com or hotpads.com. These websites have tools to make the search easier for you, filtering by keywords such as “in mountains” “near lakes”, etc.
- Last but not least, choose a builder for your log home. Choose Timber offers a home construction service that takes the worry out of building your dream log home. We offer both dry-in and turn-key services, helping you build your log home from start to finish.
What are you waiting for? Start building your dream log home today!