#3: “Premier Package” Log Cabin Kits
This package includes everything the Dry-In log home kit has, plus everything you need to complete the full log home’s exterior and interior system. This is essentially everything you need minus labor, mechanicals, finish materials, and, of course, a knowledgable builder, to make the complete log home.
- Subfloor Package
- Pressure treated sill plates
- 2×12 floor joists on 16″ center OR
- 11 7/8″ Wood I-beam floor joists on 19.2″ center
- Double 2×12 perimeter box band OR
- Single 11-7/8″ rim board with blocking around the perimeter
- Triple 2×12 dropped girder beam
- Metal cross bracing
- 3/4″ Advantech™ subfloor sheathing
- Subfloor adhesive
- Subfloor band cover in matching log siding, or premium Cedar hand-split shakes
- All hardware (nails, caulking, and adhesives needed to construct the subfloor system ARE INCLUDED!)
- Log Wall Package
- Log Wall system with CTLH quality certified program standards
- Certified Eastern White Pine interlocking tongue and groove log system
- Pre-cut log corners with random length logs (full precut log wall system is included in Standard and Ultimate Packages)
- Lag bolts with washers and screws
- All Oly-Log fasteners
- Closed cell insulation gasket material
- Stacker caulk
- Engineered log splines at head joints
- Window and door buck frame material with splines
- Chinking materials (if applicable, standard on full chink log systems)
- Blueprints and log wall erection diagrams
- Log Home for Life Warranty Program (standard with every log home package we provide)
- Porch and Deck System
- 2x Pressure treated floor joists 16″ O.C.
- 5/4 Premium round over, eased edge, pressure treated decking OR
- Composite (Trex or similar) decking
- Simpson deck joist hangers
- Simpson deck post handrail connectors
- Cross Bracing
- Porch posts and supports (from the ground to deck level up to 16′)
- Exterior handrails – Handcrafted white cedar pickets and rails
- Trex and other composite flooring materials are available (as options to this package, and included as standard in our other packages)
- Heavy Timber Second Floor System (if applicable)
- No. 1 & Better 4x Eastern White Pine second floor joists
- 6x or 8x Heavy Timber second-floor girder beam
- Second-floor premium 2×6 tongue and groove decking
- Hardware and fasteners, nails and adhesive
- Porch posts (above porch and supporting porch roof)
- Porch plates and side plates
- Premium tongue and groove 2×6 for porch ceilings
- Factory pre-cut and notched system for the second-floor system (OPTIONAL)
- Porch Roof System
- 4×8 Heavy timber rafters
- 2×6 Premium tongue and groove decking
- 4x Porch roof support plates
- 6x EWP porch posts
- PermaFelt underlayment
- Exterior Railing System
- Hand-peeled White Cedar railing and pickets
- PlyGem™ Mira premium double hung windows with wood texture in extruded aluminum frames in high-performance weather insulated glass panels OR
- Andersen 400 Series tilt-wash double-hung windows or casements featuring high performance insulated glass, removable grills, matching screens and standard 4-9/16 Jambs OR
- Pella brand windows (substitutions on manufacturer can also be made)
- Window bucks and splines for attachment to log wall and exterior wall systems
- Weatherseal tape and fastening materials included
- Doors (Exterior)
- Thermatru exterior doors in stain compatible fiberglass panels with full manufacturer warranty OR
- Eagle doors OR
- Andersen doors (substitutions can also be made)
- Door bucks and splines for attachment to log wall and exterior wall systems
- Weatherseal tape and fastening materials included
- Interior Partition Walls
- 2×4 framing on 16″ center
- 2×6 framing for plumbing walls
- Interior Stairs
- 4x Heavy Timber stringers
- 4x Heavy Timber treads
- Freight is calculated and included in the continental USA
- Staggered, full-truck deliveries available upon request
- Construction Manual, Training, and Basic Communication with our Master Builders
- The industry’s most comprehensive construction manual and training system.
- Free construction training seminar held quarterly at our drafting offices upon request
- Send your builder to us for training
- On-site management services and training at per day cost
- Full shell construction and True Turn-Key building services also available
- Design Center Services
- Spend one-on-one time with a member of our design team to work out the details of your home design.
- State-of-the-art computer-aided drafting for the latest in 3D technology and What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get, real-time design capability
- Self-contained 3D file to be used on your own personal computer or iPad/Android phone or tablet.
- Home Care Products
- Sikkens Cetol™ System 3-coat Exterior preservative (of your choice of our recommended brands) for your entire home.
- Backer Rod for use with Conceal™
- Sikkens SRD™ system 1-coat Preservative for your exterior deck and porch floors.
- Construction Documentation (Blueprints)
- Construction Guide and Technical Documentation
Where is the pricing? I want to know if any of this is even in my price range before I keep on looking.
Our pricing list for packages is listed here: Package Pricing Custom Timber Log Homes
I can’t access the link
I have corrected a couple of links. I apologize for the trouble.
Thanks and have a nice day.
I saw the pricing for the different packages but what is a general price for the labor? I really want to go through you guys but I need to know the complete cost so I know what I can afford.
Sorry for the delay in response. Our homes generally run in the $140-$180 per foot range. This is a full turn-key build and pricing will vary depending on site prep, if you need a well, etc. We generally like to walk the lot to be able to give you a closer estimate. If you are interested, please give us a shout or shoot over an email and we can discuss.
I want to make sure I am reading this correctly. If I buy a 1200 sq ft log home kit, I can calculate construction at $180.00 per sq ft if I hire your company? That calculates out to $216,000.00 for construction. They cant be correct, can it?
The figures are for a full turn-key job. That includes permits, materials, and constructions for most builds. It will depend on the lay of the land, but the numbers you were quoted ($140-180 per heated foot) are for everything. Sorry about the confusion.